FIBA Care provides a wide array of quality services, individualised to every person’s needs and wants.
Community Nursing Care
- Monitoring diabetes, low/high blood pressure
- Assistance with medication
- Assistance with chronic conditions
- Assistance with at home palliative care
- Care after a hospital stay
- Providing Hospital care at home
- Wound Management.
Assistance with Travel and Transport
- Transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
- Transport to and from appointments, as well as regular medical treatments required.
- Taxi vouchers and subsidies for people with disabilities and their carers
- Modifications to a vehicle that the participant uses to address their transport needs
Management of Supports (Plan Management)
- Submitting Claims
- Paying Invoices
- Filling in forms
- Improving life choices
- Managing financial transactions and paperwork involved with accessing the supports that form the NDIS plan
- Managing the funding for the support in the participant’s NDIS plan.
Development of Essential Daily Living Skills
- Budgeting, shopping, cooking, washing clothes, and/or job hunting.
- Support participants in their effort to secure livelihoods and participate actively in society.
- Strengthen skills and foster labour market integration.
Personal Care and Assistance
- Support with self-care: Washing/showering, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, toileting, incontinence care.
- Assistance with eating
- Assistance with mobility and walking
- Assistance with communication
- Support with household cleaning and gardening
- Support in enabling a participant to achieve their maximum independence in personal activities of daily living.
Exercise and Personal Wellbeing Activities
- Support with physical exercises and movement skills
- Support exercises that help to relieve some chronic pain conditions
- Support exercises that lead to improve motor skills; e.g., hand eye coordination.
- Mental exercises to strengthen attention skills and improved learning.
- Improve self confidence and resilience.
Group Centre Activities and Community Participation
- Enhance group activities that promote knowledge and skills
- Explore parks and open spaces
- Encourage a community focused culture that is culturally significant
- Encourage activities that are tailored to passions, abilities and values
- Learn new skills
- Help build community connections, and increase friendships
- Increase independence and reduce reliance
- Increase lifestyle options
- Attendance of local festivals and community events
- Supporting the participation of social activities: dance and music, art groups, cooking, gardening, shopping, eating out, theatre trips, sports, games – board games, bingo sessions