General Information (NDIS)
Quick Overview of the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a welfare support scheme of the Australian Government that funds costs associated with disability. The scheme was legislated in 2013 and went into full operation in 2020. The scheme is administered by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). Overseen by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission).
Eligibility for the NDIS
- Must be aged between 7 and 65
- Must live in Australia and be an Australian citizen or have a permanent or special category visa.
- Do you usually need support from a person because of a permanent and significant disability? (If no refer to next point)
- Do you use special equipment because of a permanent and significant disability? (If no refer to next point)
- Do you need supports now to reduce your future needs?
Learn more here